Tuesday, September 6

Lesson #134 - Diet Food Doesn't HAVE To Taste Bad

Whoever says diet food tastes horrible - hasn't tried the Zone Diet!

The day before I began this not-diet diet, I weighed 146 pounds (you're just going to have to take my word...because I forgot to get a picture)...and now, a week later, I have already lost 5 pounds (yes, folks...down to 141 after 1 week):


Having options like this awesome parfait with strawberries, plain yogurt mixed with raspberry Agave syrup and Zone Granola for breakfast

One day I had a sandwich with hummus (used as a spread - in place of mayo), avocado, tomato and cucumbers for lunch

Maybe on another day I'd have a Caesar salad with romaine lettuce, shredded parm, lite dressing and a Zone flatbread

Dinner options include this great Zone fusilli pasta that I paired with yellow peppers, cucumbers, grape tomatoes and a lite Italian dressing 

After the first week, I am definitely looking forward to the next - and wish it didn't go by so fast! So far, these are my thoughts:

PROS
- The bread and pasta taste no different than the ones I ate before being on the diet
- The granola is actually BETTER than others I have had in the past
- I never felt hungry, even after chasing around 2 children all day
- I definitely feel like I have more energy after only 7 days of the program

CONS
- The week 1 box contains a lot of the same things; for example: 2 plain bagel chips, 2 white flatbreads, and 2 white bagels...though, I am thrilled that I got 2 granola packets - they were so yummy
- I don't like sesame seeds, but the week 1 box has a sesame pretzel (snack) and a sesame bagel (breakfast)...I ended up pulling the seeds off, but I would have liked a pick-your-own box option
- The bagels are a little heavy...I usually can only finish 1 half at a time because I get tired of chewing

16 comments:

Brenda H said...

I think that diets can be fun and full of good, energizing food! This is a great example of some nutritious food!

Unknown said...

Yes! Eating healthy doesn't need to be gross! Thosexmeals look so yummy! Congratulations on your weight loss!

Stopped by from SITS, have a great day!

Lift Like A Mom said...

That cucumber, hummus sandwich looks really good. I'm going to have to try that!

Unknown said...

i love avocado+tomato sandwiches! i haven't tried hummus as a spread before..but i will now! :)hope you can check out my blog for some+vibes and inspiration! i am also hosting a great giveaway! blessings!

AmberFaith said...

Hello! I'm following you from the Follow Me Back Tuesday hop. Would love for you to stop by and follow back, whenever you get the chance! Hope you have a good rest of the week! (:

Best,
Amber @ Beautifully BellaFaith
http://beautifullybellafaith.blogspot.com

AiringMyLaundry said...

Mm, I'm starving right now so this all looks amazing....

Mass Hole Mommy said...

Ugh - I need to go on a fricken diet.

Liz Mays said...

The salad looks pretty dang amazing actually.

Unknown said...

I'm in for any diet that doesn't restrict me from eating pasta! I am going to check it out, I just want to lose a few...keep me posted on how you are doing! You go girl!

Jessica
http://mom4realky.blogspot.com

LOVE MELISSA:) said...

Mm, this looks all fantastic!

Unknown said...

Wow, sounds like it's going well! Congrats. =)

I happen to have a bunch of beef, it would be perfect for chili. Do you have the recipe posted? I'd love it!

Marilyn (A Lot of Loves) said...

Sounds like it's going well. Yay!

Monica said...

Yummy...doesn't look like carrot and celery sticks to me!!
Thanks for following me on twitter, I followed you back and I'm also following on GFC. Id you wish, you can find my blog at http://oldermommystillyummy.blogspot.com/

Monica

Sarah C. said...

Mmmmm! That all looks so delicious!! (Did I mention I'm hungry ;)?

Rach (DonutsMama) said...

Those all look really good. There are some delicious healthy food choices out there--just a matter of finding them!

Mom Fashion World said...

Oh no!
I'm now getting hungry.
It looked so yummy.

I'm your newest follower via GFC from the Friday Blog Hop.
Looking forward seeing you on my blog and hope you follow back. Thanks!

http://www.momfashionworld.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Button

Spooky Swap

My Inspiration

Design By:
Zany Dezines