Thursday, September 1

Lesson #132 - The Man Can Be A Himbecile On Occasion

Just when I thought The Man was...he does something that proves - deep down - he is a himbecile (also - thank you so much iCarly for this fantastic word)

Anynickelodeon...the other day, The Man and I were at Target picking something up (on a side note - why is it that we can NEVER make it out of that place without spending a gazillion dollars?!) and we stopped at the air filter aisle. You know - the big ones for your home air unit.

So, The Man picks up a filter - one that was 14x24 - and said to me, "I am pretty sure this is the size we need." Of course, my educated response was, "Well, did you check the old air filter before we left the house?" I never got an answer...figures.

We finally get home - after spending a gazillion dollars - and The Man goes downstairs to install the new filter. After an obscene amount of banging and other loud noises coming from the basement (enough to make the children cry), The Man emerges - semi-victorious; semi-winded. I asked him what all the fuss was about - since it was clearly fussy enough to anger the chitlins:

TM: "It looks like the air filter I got was a little too large."
ME: "Oh, well which one should you have gotten? That way I can remember for next time."
TM: "I don't know. It looks like it was maybe 2 inches too big. I had to shove it in on the sides."
ME: "Ok...so it should have been a 12x24 then, right?
TM: "I'm not sure. I mean, I don't know exactly how much larger it was than the old one."
ME: "Didn't you look at the old one. What did the side of the filter say?"
TM: "I don't know."
ME: "You do know that there are measurements on the sides of those filters, right?"
TM: "Yeah. I know."
ME: "...and what did it say?"
TM: "12x24"

*cricket - cricket - cricket*

SERIOUSLY?!

3 comments:

Dee at Pedestrian Palate said...

They need us. They really, truly need us.

Unknown said...

Hahah! I know how you feel. My husband went out to get a filter and got the wrong size. It's sitting on our counter months later. I ask him to go take it back, I even saved the receipt, but it's probably too late now. It drives me crazy!

Amy said...

It's a man thing - sort of like following directions. They don't know how....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Button

Spooky Swap

My Inspiration

Design By:
Zany Dezines